Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

High-Waist Pants- Butterick 5895


I thought I would post a pattern that I absolutely LOVE.  I have made the pants in several fabrics; my favourite being the black Corduroy(featured) and the Camo fabric.
What I love most about this pattern is the fit. It is has skinny jean feel to it, but the waist is comfortable.

Pattern Description:
Butterick 5895, Pattern by Gertie.  I made the high-waist pants.

Pattern Sizing:
I cut out a size 8 and then adjusted the hips

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Absolutely!  It was exactly as it was shown on the envelope

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instruction were very easy to follow.  The drawings are also very easy to follow.  An excellent beginners project.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I really like the pocket style and the back zipper feature.

Fabric Used:
Black Corduroy

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I shorten the crotch length a bit to account for my height and adjusted the hip to better fit my body

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes!  I absolutely love this pattern.  It is easy to sew, you can use a variety of fabrics.  I really like the back zipper feature that can be either exposed or hidden.  For these pants, I chose exposed.

Conclusion:
An excellent pattern for beginners.  It can be used to make a summer pants or winter pants depending on the fabric that you use.

The finished garment:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment