Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Oh So Cream!




It's a Marvelous Monday!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  My weekend was full of house renovations, sewing and planning some projects. The weather wasn't too bad, I had an chance to get outside for a bit.


On to my project.  Remember the luxurious cream fabric that I bought,  well I decided to make this over sized jacket Vogue 1263.  
PATTERN REVIEW

Pattern Description: V1263

Pattern Sizing: I cut the XS

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, the garment was exactly as the picture. I did not do a muslin first, and would recommend doing this first to check for sizing.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes the pictures and the descriptions were easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the over sized collar of this garment. Depending on the fabric, the collar may be a bit bulky, as there is an over collar and under collar.

Fabric Used: I am not sure exactly what this fabric is, I believe is a stretch sweater knit. It has ribbon like material running through it. The wrong side is a plain soft sweater knit.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The only alteration I made was removing the pockets.  I didn't like the placement of the pockets and so I decided NOT to put them in. If I was to make this again, I would probably shorten the length by about 1"

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would probably sew this again, perhaps in a double knit material or even a fleece.

Conclusion: Good pattern to build your wardrobe; it is over sized by designed.

HOW I WORE IT!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment