Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Simplicity 2472 Pattern Review

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  It is absolutely FREEZING here.  On a day like this, I would rather stay in bed, comfy and warm.  However, duty calls.   I managed to get some sewing in this weekend.
Some days I just want a quick pattern, that doesn't require a lot of thought and in an hour you have something that you can wear.  I reviewed the pattern below.  Enjoy...and stay warm!



Pattern Description: 
Simplicity 2472 Cynthia Rowley

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a size 6, but if I made it again, would cut a smaller size

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it looked exactly as I expected based on the drawing

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The pattern was easy to construct, I did not follow the instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the all in one sleeve and the ease of construction

Fabric Used:
I used a holiday glitter sweater knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did not alter the patter much.  I did however add a lower band to the tunic

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I would sew it again, it would make a great easy comfy summer dress.  I would also consider making it a more fitted tunic and see how it turns out

Conclusion:
All in all, I really liked this pattern because it was easy and there are many possibilities.  This pattern is excellent for beginner sewers, it comes together quickly and there are very few pattern pieces to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment