Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Faux Wrap Dress


One things I realized that I didn't have in my wardrobe was a wrap dress.  I think part of my hesitation to own a dress was the strange and bizarre fear that the dress will open up in the middle of the street as I am walking.  Then I came across this dress and thought, why not?



Pattern Description: 
McCall's 6884, faux wrap dress

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a size 8 and grade in the hips to size 6

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, the pattern looked exactly like the pattern envelope
Were the instructions easy to follow?

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This pattern was put together very quickly because there was very few pieces. Front, Back, Sleeves and Tie.

Fabric Used:
I used a orange Ponte Roma knit because I wanted it to fit tightly and allow for some stretch.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Yes, I made some major alternations.  The neck line was too low for me, so I adjusted the wrap to shorten the crossover neck like, I need to take in the hips to account for the fact that I don't have much hips.  I shorten the length by 3".

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely, I will definitely be sewing this dress again.  I love the way it feels, I like the fit and the possibilities are endless when it comes to wrap dress.  I love that it is a pull over dress, and you don't have to worry about the wrap, UN-wrapping.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone that is looking for a quick wrap dress.

Conclusion:
The pattern is easy to sew and a great wardrobe builder.




1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I really want that dress!! Love the color, cute, length.- perfection

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment