Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wednesday Update

This week has been pretty busy for me.  I haven't been feeling well, I am trying to kick this flu/cold thing that I have been dealing with for the last few days.  I have to admit, that my sewing mojo has escaped me these last few days.
 I am looking at my fabric collection and struggling to find something to sew.  I have a bunch of ideas, cool patterns and yet here I am.  I think part of this is the weather.  I am ready for winter to be over, I'm looking forward to sewing my spring/summer wardrobe.

I have a quick update on my Inspired By the Movies project.  So the last time, I had figured out the pattern that I was going to use and I chose my fabric.  Here is where I'm at:


Next step from me is to gather the waist.  This is where I have stopped.  In the past, I haven't had much luck with gathering, the thread always seems to break, I have to start over 3 times.   So the next order of business is to find a great tutorial for gathering, join top to bottom, dd a side zipper and hem.  If anyone has a great technique, trick, tutorial on gathering...especially if it's not the traditional method please let me know. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm a long time sewer!! I find when I have a large section to gather, I break up the sections that I gather, going from the side to the middle, breaking the threads then starting a new line an inch over, going to the side and so on. Then I do a second line of basting an inch above the first line. Pull the two threads at the same time and knot them together before going to the next section.

    I hope that helps!! Keep going! I'm going to start my journey of only sewing my clothes this weekend! Thanks for the shot in the arm!

    Lynda Hodges

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is coming along nicely. Love your fabric!!!

    And thanks Lynda for the gathering tip!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment