Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

All Greyed Out



I had a fair bit of this stretch double knit fabric kicking around and a small piece of the flower knit fabric and decided to work with McCall's 6844, cardigan.  It sewed up nicely.


Pattern Review

Pattern Description: MISSES'/MISS PETITE CARDIGANS: Close-fitting cardigan

Pattern Sizing: I cut a small size.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, the cardigan looked exactly like the picture.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were relatively easy to follow. I found that attaching the collar was a bit strange and not they way I would have expected.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I am a big fan of having options for garments. This pattern allows for various styles for this cardigan. I like that varying length and semi-peplum style.

Fabric Used: I used two different double knit fabrics.  A basic grey and a flower pattern knit.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did a minor adjustment to the length of the cardigan. Shortening my about 1"

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will definitely sew it again a light weight knit for the spring and summer. I would recommend this to other.  It's an easy pattern with lots of options and can be made of heavier weighted material or lighter depending on the season.

Conclusion: It was the fun little project. I liked working with two different knit fabrics to create this design.

How I Wore It:
I wore this cardigan with the dress I posted here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment