Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

Casual Printed Pants

So I made these pants from the material I used from the Double Peplum Dress I made for my husband's birthday,  check it out.
These are so comfy, and stylish; you can dress them up or dress them down. I believe this pattern is now Out Of Print.

Pattern Review:

Pattern Description: Simplicity 4135, Boot leg pants in two length.

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 6 using View E

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, I would say that it did look like the view. I made some modification to the pattern because I wanted something much more casual; almost like a track pants style fit.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, I know they were simple. Although I didn't use them for this particular garment, I have used them in the past for another pants (view A) that I made.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It was simple. The pattern came in a variety of options, length, style. It is easy to make minor changes and get a totally different pants

Fabric Used: I used a stretch double knit. I had a small amount from a double peplum dress I made project and thought this would make a great pair of casual pants.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did not put in a zipper, I used an elastic waist pant as opposed to the shaped waist band that came with the pattern.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? No, probably not. I don't think I need another pair of pants like this. Although, they are super comfortable...

Conclusion: Easy and fun.




1 comment:

  1. Great job on those stylish pants! Don't you just love the look of pants with a print?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment