Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

They Call Me Mellow Yellow


I am in the full swing of my Spring sewing.  The weather appears to be warming up, the clocks have been set forward.  I am ready!
I had this yellow eyelet fabric in my collection and thought that McCall's 6742 pattern would be perfect for the fabric.  It's a fairly light fabric and so I will definitely need a slip under the dress.  This is the first high-low hemline item that I have made. I wanted a long dress, I hope that it doesn't make me too short (or shorter than I already am)

Here is my Pattern Review:

Pattern Description: 
Pullover dress has collar, semi-fitted bodice, lower skirt cut on crosswise grain, shaped hemline (wrong side shows), sleeve bands, invisible back zipper and narrow hem.

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a size 8

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, it sure did

Were the instructions easy to follow?  What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Yes the instructions are fairly easy to follow.

Fabric Used:
Cotton Yellow Eyelet

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I shorten the upper front and upper back pieces by 1 inch.  I like the final length as I don't have many longer skirts and dresses. This will be fun to wear, once I make the slip to go with the dress.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I don't think that I would.  It was fun to sew and the dress is a great dress but I don't think I will need more than one of this style of dress.  That being said, I see lot so potential for some "frankenpattern" ideas.  The top is cute and I could make a jumper with a different pants pattern.  I would recommend this to others to try.  I really like the high low style.

Conclusion:
It's a cute little dress that could be pretty versatile.




Once again, when the weather is ideal, I will show you  how I wore it.  I would love to hear what you would wear under this dress.  I am thinking of a slip, but wanted it to be something funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment