The weekend is almost here. I am sure there are many of you out there who have a ton of fabric in your collection, find it hard to get rid of them and keep telling yourself..."I'll use them someday". Well I decided to use a piece of fabric that has been sitting, waiting, hoping to be cut up and made into something. I am not one for animal prints but my creative juices were flowing and I decide that I would make a 1 piece jumpsuit from 2.5 meters of this animal print fabric. I used 2 patterns; the top was taken from the Vogue 8815, which I have used here, here and here. The bottom was from McCalls 6760, which I have never used before. I wasn't sure how it would turn out; with the extra wide legs, I thought it might swallow me whole.
The material is a rayon stretch. I went with sleeveless, shortened the crotch depth by 1" and added a 10" zipper to the back. It sewed up very quickly and I was able to use my serger for most of the seams. I will definitely try this pattern again maybe in a solid colour. The jumpsuit is so comfy and flowy. For a first try, it didn't turn out so bad.