Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

#Fabric Haul and Other Updates


I can't believe how quickly the summer is disappearing.  It has been a very busy summer for me.  I have traveled the West coast and the East coast.
 I feel like it has been forever since I last posted.  I have been sewing and I am still on track with my Ready To Wear fast.  I recently ventured into the world of on-line fabric shopping.  I purchased quite a bit of fabric from two places.  The first set is from #Greys Fabric, which has beautiful cottons and batiks among other fabulous fabrics. I absolutely loved the fabrics when I saw them.






I also shopped at #fabric.com for some wonderful pique knits and scuba material.  I am not quite sure what I will be making with all of these knits yet, but I am looking for inspirations.  Any suggestions?




On another note, I have already started sewing for fall :(   I used a self-drafted pattern to create this mini dress, made out of black and whites suiting material.  The dress is fully lined with a purple satin and added a decorative lace trim.  I will put together a full write up once I actually wear it. (I also sewed this and several other belts, but you'll have to wait for the next post for that!)



I also sewed my "Little Black Dress" from stretch knit and using #McCalls6988.  This was originally going to be a test dress for me, but I was so happy with how it turned out that I decided to put it in the rotation.  I am going to make this dress again in a bright pink or teal and will write a full review. BUT I will say, this pattern was great, quick and easy to sew.


Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I like your fabric haul!! Your McCall's dress is lovely. I am contemplating making a LBD using this pattern and I am glad to read you had success and that is was to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! I am very excited to get started

      Delete

Thanks for the comment