Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2014

DIY Classic Black and White Mini Dress


It feels like summer has come and gone in the blink of any eye.  I am suddenly finding myself sew for Fall and Winter :(
I had this fantastic stretch cotton sateen fabric that I bought a few months ago.  I completely forgot what I was going to make with this fabric, but then I found the #Butterick B6040 and thought I could make a quick little dress from this.  I was worried that the fabric pattern would be too much, but if I made a mini dress, it wouldn't be as overpowering. Because I knew I wanted something with sleeves, I had to do a small adjustment, adding the sleeves from another pattern. I took off about 5 inches from the length of the skirt. My favourite thing about sewing is the fact that there is so much opportunities to hone your skills, to master the art.  I am no where near a master, but I have honed my skill of creating sleeve cuffs.  It may not seem like a big deal, but to me it is fun when you do something you are proud of it.  








Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Love the dress. Isn't it great to able to make something so individual/unique??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely print and not at all overpowering - you need to do a close up shot of those cuffs they look pretty darn cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment