Pages

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Cowl Neck/Hooded Tunic Dress

Christmas is almost here!  Happy Christmas Eve!  If you remember my fabric haul from the other day, You  might remember the festive Jacquard knit that I had.

I found a cute tunic pattern from McCall's7020 that would make a great little dress.  Here's my review of the pattern.

Pattern Description:
Tunic top with  Cowl neck.  I cut view E with pockets

Pattern Sizing:
I cuts the size XS

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, I believe that I did look just like the pattern envelope,

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The project was very easy to put together, hence I didn't really use the instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
There is not much to dislike about this pattern.  It comes together quite easily and allows a few variations

Fabric Used:
I used a printed Jacquard Knit fabric

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made the cowl neck larger to create almost like a hood, using Mimi G sew along, found here  Although I cut a size XS, I still took out approximately 1" from the front and back of the top.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Super easy, I don't know that I need another top.  Perhaps I may consider making a shorter version of this top.  I really like how the hood turned out.

Here's how it looks!







1 comment:

  1. I really like this. Nice fabric, it looks cozy. And that hood is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment