Pages

Thursday 22 January 2015

Vogue #8862 Pattern Review




Happy Thursday.  I come to you with a quick review for the Vogue 8862.  I had this pattern for quite some time, it's actually OOP at this point. It was a bit of a challenge, but I managed to make it through.


Here's my Review

Pattern Description: Unlined coat that is very loose fitting

Pattern Sizing: I cut out a size XS and still had to make significant adjustments to get it to fit the way I wanted it to fit

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, I think that the coat/jacket looked like the picture on the envelope

Were the instructions easy to follow? There were parts of the instruction and the construction of the coat/jacket that seems to be more complicated than it should have been. When attaching the front and the back facing. The pictures were not very clear and it took several tries before I was able to get it right. I can't help but think that there was a better way to construct the coat. If I was to make this again, I would definitely explore the possibility of constructing it differently.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I really like the front collars. Again, the construction of the upper front and back facing was a bit strange

Fabric Used: I used a stretch cotton twill fabric for the body of the coat/jacket and a cotton for the sleeves.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I shortened this jacket by about 8". I also took 3" off the sides including the sleeves and 3" off the centre back seam.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Not sure. Because it has a such a distinct style, I am not sure if I need more than one of them. Perhaps in a lighter weight fabric.


Here's how it turned out

 

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment