Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

I'm Back! It's been too long!

Well HELLO!! It has been so long since my last post.  I have been so busy with life.  BUT I have still managed to find time to sew a few pieces for myself.  With the start of Spring, I have begun my Spring Wardrobe.  I have also taken up to a few home decor sewing projects as well which I will share with you.  For now, here is a quick little review of the McCall's 7026 outfit.  I've been eyeing this pattern for the longest time, and finally when my local fabric store had buy 1 get 2 FREE on McCall's patterns, I figured what better time than the present to make the purchase.  Once I got it home, I couldn't wait to sew it up.


Pattern Review:

Pattern Description:
Semi-fitted unlined jackets have yokes, princess seams, side seam pockets and exposed front separating zipper. 

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a size 10 for the jacket because it is such a fitted jacket.  The size 10 finished bust size was exactly what I needed.  It was  good decision.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done 
sewing with it?
Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, the instructions were easy to follow and the pattern pieces come together easily.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Nothing.  The pattern was a good.

Fabric Used:
I used a active wear knit for the black fabric.  The turquoise fabric is a pique knit.  Both of these fabrics a texture to it that makes it fun

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I adjusted the neck to shoulder length because I wanted a fits jacket.  I also shorten the jacket by 2" to account for my own waist line.

Would you sew it again? 
I would definitely sew it again.  It was a quick sew with lots of style options.

Would you recommend it to others?
 I would recommend this pattern to anyone who is looking to make activewear.  The fit is great and because the variety of jacket styles, you can make this over and over again

Conclusion: This pattern was very easy to sew up and took very little time to complete.  It was the perfect pattern for Active wear.

Here is how it turned out:






2 comments:

Thanks for the comment